BeneCare’s vision is to become the world’s preferred medical supplies specialist, and we believe that this involves helping to protect the environment at both local and global levels. We believe that a modern business is responsible for its actions and should take steps towards good environmental practice and operate in a responsible and sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually striving to improve our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will comply with all current legislation and attempt to anticipate future environmental legislation. We will base our environmental strategy around the hierarchy of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and are committed to continuously reviewing, evaluating and improving our programme, and it is also one of our main priorities to encourage all our customers, suppliers and business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound business sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty to care towards future generations.
Our policy aims are:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement.
- As much as possible purchase products and services with cause the least damage to the environment.
- Assess the environmental impact of new products.
- Ensure all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it requires.
- Immediately address any complaints regarding a breach in our policy.
Our policy is endorsed by the Managing Directors and is communicated to all our employees, suppliers and customers. Copies are available from our Head Office. The policy is reviewed annually and updated when necessary.